every single fandom has that one character that can be paired up with basically everyone else and still be plausible
I just reaaaally wanted to draw these two together cuz the gem fusions are just so rad SO RAD
First of all. Yes he does hit dogs. And kicks them. And don’t tell me he doesn’t because he does. You can skirt around it using buzz words like “touch” and “energy” but it’s a hit. It’s positive punishment - applying an aversive to suppress behaviour, especially aggressive behaviour, which is often caused by anxiety. And it’s not okay. It is abusive.
The Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare stipulate that animals must be free from pain and fear. Cesar Millan’s techniques, especially with aggressive dogs, rely on aversives, which cause pain and discomfort and stress. And that’s not okay.
His methods are highly aversive and can exacerbate or even cause aggression. They revolve around intimidation, pain and coercion and are highly stressful for dogs. They result in shut-down, miserable dogs often with chronic stress.
The highest frequency of aggression occurred in response to aversive (or punishing) interventions, even when the intervention was indirect:• Hitting or kicking the dog (41% of owners reported aggression)
• Growling at the dog (41%)
• Forcing the dog to release an item from its mouth (38%)
• “Alpha roll” (forcing the dog onto its back and holding it down) (31%)
• “Dominance down” (forcing the dog onto its side) (29%)
• Grabbing the jowls or scruff (26%)
• Staring the dog down (staring at the dog until it looks away) (30%)
• Spraying the dog with water pistol or spray bottle (20%)
• Yelling “no” (15%)
• Forced exposure (forcibly exposing the dog to a stimulus – such as tile floors, noise or people – that frightens the dog) (12%)
In contrast, non-aversive methods resulted in much lower frequency of aggressive responses:
• Training the dog to sit for everything it wants (only 2% of owners reported aggression)
• Rewarding the dog for eye contact (2%)
• Food exchange for an item in its mouth instead of forcing the item out (6%)
• Rewarding the dog for “watch me” (0%)
- He employs an archaic ideology that all misbehaviour is caused by dogs trying to assert their dominance. Which is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. This crap has been disproved countless times. Dogs are not trying to achieve world domination jfc
- His methods have been condemned by veterinary behaviourists, animal behaviourists and animal welfare groups.
- He sets the dogs off deliberately for the show. Seriously. He sets them up for failure and then punishes them for reacting. That’s not ethical and it compromises welfare.
Here’s some handy dandy links for you to read because I have gone over this so many times and I feel like a broken record at this point:
Up to date information on wolf pack structure by top wolf biologist L. David Mech:Information on dog training and dog behavior and why Cesar’s methods are outdated and ineffective (many of these articles are by vets and certified animal behaviorists) :
I’m not sure why people are even trying to defend Cesar Millan on that slide for my animal welfare presentation(which got really popular wowie did not expect that). I explain very clearly what learned helplessness is. I put a picture of a dog in a state of shut-down with Millan leaning over it and grinning like it’s the best thing ever. And people are still defending him and don’t see an issue with it. Take off those blinkers and look.
Sex on the Beach
And Finally, Swimming Pool
"No officer, for the last time, I did not smoke weed. Thats just my new perfume, cannabis flower"
I’ve wanted my whole life to smell like New Zealand
i use the word fuck so excessively i sometimes forget it’s a swear word
I loved how they posed the characters for this. The main joke was just that the twins were so delirious they were smart, but this was totally a Bioshock Infinite reference.
^ That comment is so accurate, it hurts.
He’s still a hiccup
I FREAKING NEEDED THIS GIF FROM THE MOMENT I SAW THE MOVIE I MEAN VALKA IS JUST LIKE RUNNING EFFORTLESSLY OVER THE ROCKS AND HICCUP IS FALLING DOWN THEM AND SCRAMBLING UP TO KEEP PACE WITH HER JUST WHAT A DORK
I like how Toothless is there to stop Hiccup from falling on more than one occasion (ending of HTTYD, GOTNF) and here he’s just like “up you go my silly uncoordinated human we don’t have all day for this, damn your booty’s getting heavy man”
Okay but can we please just appreciate this clip
think about it
someone animated that
video proof that only godless heathens play touhou
The video is even better: http://www.vulture.com/2014/07/this-woman-killed-it-on-american-ninja-warrior.html
The male competitors are in awe the whole time, and even the commentators learned to stop saying, “I don’t think she can do this.”